It’s the little things.
Moonset. The light coming up in the morning. Crisp December air. Steaming green tea. Writing stories. Coming up with one or two great sentences by luck and sweat. Writing a ton of crappy ones. Persisting (nevertheless).
This December my list of resources for writers consists only of sites I’ve actually used, more than once, since last December. Check these out for craft talk, publishing advice, marketing strategies, and generally food for thought.
- Agent representation and publishing markets: Publisher’s Marketplace
- Publishing markets and networking (invitation only–if you’re interested, email me): Binders Full of Women
- Craft and industry stories: Poets & Writers
- Marketing and publishing: Jane Friedman
- Agent representation and querying: QueryTracker
- Legal advice and author resources: Author’s Guild
- Selling and distributing e-books: Book Funnel
- Marketing and staying cool: Mark Dawson & Nick Stephenson
- Stories and submission opportunities: Submishmash
- Great reading and inspiration: LitHub.